1. Rather than thinking that the Ideas are questionable, perhaps we should instead learn to understand how the Ideas call us into question.
2. What is most hidden away is one's own face.
3. Dialectic is the mirror of the soul.
4. We think in images, but the ideas are not images--not exactly. But when we come face-to-face with the ideal, we can only speak of it in images. This is the origin of all poetry.
5. The essential defect of philosophy is that it has often failed to be poetry. The essential defect of poetry is that poets often confuse art and narcissism.
6. Very few things should be taken seriously, and those things that should most often turn out to be what no one any longer takes seriously.
7. Nothing lasts forever.